Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is This Reasonable? (Supply List)
SilverSabre25 08:13 AM 02-16-2011
I'm tired, oh-so-very tired, of parents not understanding that some things are to be LEFT at daycare, some things need brought each day (like shoes...), and some things should NEVER cross my door. I'm also tired of diaper bags coming unnecessarily and cluttering up my living room or entryway.

Here is the supply list I just typed up that I'm going to start giving out to those who need it. Did I miss anything obvious on the list of things to be left here, things to bring each day, or things to NOT bring? (I supply wipes, bibs for older kids, baby spoons, cups, table food, sheets, etc).

Supply List

To be LEFT at Daycare:
• One package of diapers (to be replaced as needed)
• 2 full changes of clothing
• Two pacifiers (if needed)
• Lovey/blanket/comfort object (if needed, naps only)
• 1 day's supply of formula/breastmilk for back-up (under 1 year)
• Diaper Cream (brand new please; under 1 year)
• Preferred OTC pain reliever (brand new please)

To be brought EACH day:
• Formula/breastmilk
• bottles
• if cloth diapered: diapers and wet bag
• Infant food (in reusable or recyclable containers, please!)
• Bib (under 1 year)
• Seasonally appropriate outerwear (shoes, jacket, hat, etc)
• Any items that need replaced (diapers, outfits, etc)

Please, DO NOT send:
• Toys from home
• Sippy cups
• Baby spoons
• Wipes
• Crib/Play-yard sheets
• Full diaper bag-->storing these can be hard and I ONLY need the things under "to be brought each day"
Little People 08:45 AM 02-16-2011
You only want 1 day of formula?

This is what I TELL the parents (hint, I don't ask I TELL)
You need to bring 3 bottles, 1 can formula, 2 paci's, a LARGE huggie wet ones, an a large bag of diapers, diaper cream and I will let you know when i am running low, when they start baby food, I TELL them I want enough for 7 days, to be brought each monday., then I say this way you are only bringing me Baby each day except Mondays when you will bring fresh supplies i have ask for. Works like a charm!!
cillybean83 08:52 AM 02-16-2011
i supply food, all food "stuff" (bibs, spoons, bowls, cups, bottles, etc etc)
and diaper wipes/cream/tylenol

if parents like advil over tylenol, they can leave a bottle of advil here

parents bring:

binkie, diapers, formula, a couple changes of clothes

that way, everyday, i just need baby, and we're set...every 2nd Monday they refill the diaper supply, and every monday they bring a can of formula

one parent brings 1/2 gallon of whole milk every week, just because we don't buy whole milk because ds is allergic, and i go back and forth with dcg, one meal she has whole milk, one meal she has rice milk, because she LOVES milk, and her mom is worried about the hormones so we alternate

i dont give out a supply list, i give out a do not bring list, because seriously...none of us have enough room in our homes for all the crap parents would lug in if we let them! lol
momofboys 08:58 AM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I'm tired, oh-so-very tired, of parents not understanding that some things are to be LEFT at daycare, some things need brought each day (like shoes...), and some things should NEVER cross my door. I'm also tired of diaper bags coming unnecessarily and cluttering up my living room or entryway.

Here is the supply list I just typed up that I'm going to start giving out to those who need it. Did I miss anything obvious on the list of things to be left here, things to bring each day, or things to NOT bring? (I supply wipes, bibs for older kids, baby spoons, cups, table food, sheets, etc).

Supply List

To be LEFT at Daycare:

To be brought EACH day:
• Formula/breastmilk
• bottles
• Bib (under 1 year)

Please, DO NOT send:
• Toys from home
• Sippy cups
• Baby spoons
• Wipes
• Crib/Play-yard sheets
• Full diaper bag-->storing these can be hard and I ONLY need the things under "to be brought each day"
It sounds very good to me & reasonable IMO. Can I ask why you prefer a brand-name pain reliever? With all the problems McNeil has been having with recalls I actually prefer a store-brand than Tylenol, is there a good reason to have the brand-name?
gbcc 09:02 AM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by momofboys:
It sounds very good to me & reasonable IMO. Can I ask why you prefer a brand-name pain reliever? With all the problems McNeil has been having with recalls I actually prefer a store-brand than Tylenol, is there a good reason to have the brand-name?

She asked for Brand NEW, not brand name!
momofboys 09:40 AM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by gbcc:

She asked for Brand NEW, not brand name!
Man I am having difficulty reading today, lol! Actually not difficulty reading more like reading comprehension issues!
daycare 10:29 AM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

Supply List

To be LEFT at Daycare:

To be brought EACH day:
• Formula/breastmilk
• bottles
• Bib (under 1 year)

Please, DO NOT send:
• Toys from home
• Sippy cups
• Baby spoons
• Wipes
• Crib/Play-yard sheets
let me also give you some other info about diaper bags.. years ago I worked at a DC (not mine) and a family \brought in a diaper bag. One of the other kids got into it and you would not belive what was in it... mom seemed to use it as her own personal bag as well and there were adult meds, nail clippers with file, a small sewing kit and etc. there were even some con.d.o.m.s in it.....
Lucky for the DC nothing happened as we found the child with that stuff before they could get it open.

Now that I know this, I have in my PHB that NO diaper bags are allowed in DC for safety reasons. I also supply cubby boxes for all of the kids and the same rules apply. No unsafe items in cubby boxes. I also require the parents to clean out cubby boxes and refill them weekly..

list sounds good.
Little People 10:40 AM 02-16-2011
I don't allow diaper bags or car seats to be left in my home. All car seats are left on the porch and No diaper bags because I knew a home daycare that saw roaches in one of her dck's diaper bag
Blackcat31 11:16 AM 02-16-2011
I do not allow diaper bags either. The parents must bring the supplies their child needs like diapers and such as needed. Usually a package at a time and I just let them know when they are within 3 days of running out. I also REQUIRE 1 weeks minimum of formula or breast milk to be at daycare. Mine also bring 2 bottles to leave here. I don't do sippy cups (I have used take n toss type in the past but haven't really used a sippy in over a year).

I also stopped doing any meds. If your child needs a med, they don't need to be here. I really don't want the liability. Teethers can be soothed by using other methods and any other illnesses or situations that requires meds, means they should be home.

I recently made the move to NO carseats left on my property either and whew!, what a load off my mind to not have to move, re-situate and be responsible for them.
SilverSabre25 12:25 PM 02-16-2011
To clarify, I want only one day's worth of extra formula or breastmilk--to keep here for emergency or back-up purposes. I don't make, wash, or sterilize bottles--they bring the full bottles to me in the morning and take 'em home at night.
SilverSabre25 12:27 PM 02-16-2011
Other than that, thanks everyone. I'm glad I'm not weird for not wanting diaper bags here anymore! That makes me feel less bizarre, lol. The storage reason aside, some of you mentioned things that have crossed my mind before--adult stuff in them, the possibility of fleas or bedbugs or other verminy things in them. Blech! The fewer things coming into my home and the fewer things *I* need to keep track of, the better.
Tags:supplies, supplies list
Reply Up