Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>confused about daycare program app
lpperry 12:12 PM 11-30-2012
I just got an ipad and wanted to use an app to do my daily reports. I downloaded tadpoles to try because it was free. After I did that, I realized that only the app was free, but you had to pay to use the program.

I am trying to find just a basic program I can use that is inexpensive. I searched here and found Baby Connect and Daycare Tracker Pro. They are $4.99 and $1.99 for the app, but I can't tell how to figure out if there is another charge to use the program.

Can anyone give me some information on this? Or I would take other suggestions for programs.
blandino 12:20 PM 11-30-2012
We used daycare tracker pro, and I liked it. There was no charge beyond the initial fee.

I was also surprised by tadpoles monthly fee - but I decided to subscribe anyway since we loved it so much.
Binkybobo 12:35 PM 11-30-2012
OMG! Shutup! I didn't know such a thing existed! i am so tired of daily sheets. Do they have something like this for android? I am trying to search, but nothing is coming up.
blandino 12:41 PM 11-30-2012
http://blog.tadpoles.com/2012/03/tad...-here.html?m=1

I believe tadpoles is available on android. We use it, and parents (and I) LOVE it. It had a free trial, and now I pay 25.00 a month for it - it is just that great. It lets you send pictures in a tap, and saves all the daycare pics for you (so they don't clog up your phone photos). You can do daily reports, and attendance. We are big fans of it. I think of you have less children it is only 12.00 a month.
lpperry 02:52 PM 12-01-2012
I installed daycare tracker lite to try it out. It says you can add three kids and email 2 reports per child. I can't figure out how to email a report. I added a child and made a fake report. I click on the email button but it is inactive. What do I do?
youretooloud 03:05 PM 12-01-2012
Excuse my ignorance...what is it? (these apps) and what do they do? What is it we love about these?
Holiday Park 04:29 PM 12-01-2012
I swear , I have tried at least 4-5 different parenting/childcare apps. A couple were OK but still not easy to navigate or look at , at first glance making entries nt as fast I wanted etc... Baby connect was the last one I got and well worth the 4.99 !!!! I wish I had purchased that one the first time around.
My infant who comes FT , his mom and her BF both have the app sinc'd with mine so we can see each others entries ! IF the parent doesn't have the same kind of phone ( for app syncing) they still have 2 other options: u emailing the report from any time period ( just one click , no copying&pasting) and you can go into the info anytime (even at the point of emailing) to edit anything or change times and info if you made a mistake with the entry.
I also like it because when editing anything entered, you can go into it to edit after that fact and still choose the day/time of event( forgotten entry of diaper change/feeding,etc) . It also has trackers that saves lists of all entries such as weight, dr visits, illness, pumping (with dbl pumping timer!), breastfeeding, bottlefeeding sippy cup, its just awesome . It has everything . I have the whole list of every entry for my son weight ( I check that regularly ), how much I pump and to track how often he goes potty, has wet diapers etc..
You can back it up to your i tunes/i clouf, and it saves evetything to a free online account too. Also if a parent cant get their reports through email, they can get their own user ad password and view any entry online.
Holiday Park 04:32 PM 12-01-2012
Oh and since I haven't started doing sign in/out sheets, I plan to use this app to help me track y attendance/hours when I do taxes in January. Its also a great way to track every day things or issues to see how often they happen and includes picture taking . So you could use it just privately for your own records to show proof of stuff like if a kid comes in with a bruise or there are late payments, behavior issues etc... Taking pics/screenshots of texts /email correspondence if your too lazy to print it out off the computer and if you like doing everything off your phone/ipad
lpperry 06:32 PM 12-01-2012
I tried out Baby Connect. I tried their free web version trial. I liked the setup, but it wouldn't let me email. I keep getting stuck at the email portion--both on baby connect and daycare tracker lite. I am so confused. I just wanted to trial both of them before choosing what I wanted. I was either going to buy Baby Connect or Daycare Tracker Pro. I need to try the Lite version of Daycare Tracker first and the web version of Baby Connect so I can decide which I want.

Also, I do not want this to update parents in real time. Is it possible in either of these to just email the report after nap?

Help with the email button! What is wrong??
Holiday Park 11:21 PM 12-01-2012
With baby connect it only updates them in real time if you put in the settings , their i-tunes email they use and if they use the same app linked to yours ( again you have to add their info for that to work) ,same thing with the website way of doing it.
I wait until naptime to enter sometimes by memory. I dont enter everything in real time. I do it when *I* want.
As for the glitches, they have those sometimes , even the send email one but last time that happened they fixed it rifht away with a new update. That was many months ago. They are really great about fixing any glitches if you just email them through the customer support and let them know what's going on. I've been using Daily connect since june 8th and any glitches they had, they fixed right away.
lpperry 07:29 AM 12-02-2012
I can't even find a place to put in emails for Baby Connect.
Blackcat31 07:36 AM 12-02-2012
To enter your e-mail address;

Go under settings / Account info and enter your email address there.

Here is a great link to common problems and FAQ's about Babyconnect.

http://www.baby-connect.com/support

http://news.baby-connect.com/

I personally love it and use it pretty frequently and have no issues using it.
mom2many 08:13 AM 12-02-2012
I love Daycare Tracker Pro and have used it for 2 years now! So easy and it's great emailing the info to the parents...no more paper slips!
lpperry 02:30 PM 12-02-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
To enter your e-mail address;

Go under settings / Account info and enter your email address there.

Here is a great link to common problems and FAQ's about Babyconnect.

http://www.baby-connect.com/support

http://news.baby-connect.com/

I personally love it and use it pretty frequently and have no issues using it.

Thank you! Got it now!
Medaline 06:43 AM 01-19-2013
You can checkout Kinderlime apps for daycare, preschools and childcare. They are a great way to send pictures and build portfolios of children. Also you can take attendance and do a sign in and out station. Check out their website: http://www.kinderlime.com and also the KinderCenter for Childcare app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/kinderc...579667825?mt=8. Moreever the app allows you to send alerts to parents through text/sms

Originally Posted by Holiday Park:
Oh and since I haven't started doing sign in/out sheets, I plan to use this app to help me track y attendance/hours when I do taxes in January. Its also a great way to track every day things or issues to see how often they happen and includes picture taking . So you could use it just privately for your own records to show proof of stuff like if a kid comes in with a bruise or there are late payments, behavior issues etc... Taking pics/screenshots of texts /email correspondence if your too lazy to print it out off the computer and if you like doing everything off your phone/ipad

Reply Up