Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Alarm Clock Wasn't Set
Pepperth 04:25 AM 03-18-2015
I completely forgot to set my alarm clock last night, and woke up (swearing) at 5:50. The first dcb usually arrives at 5:45. Thank goodness they were late this morning! I may have greeted them with bare feet and frizzy hair, but at least they weren't waiting in my driveway. I am usually such a morning person. Then when I was looking for clean clothes, I realized that dh put everything in the wash machine last night and forgot to switch it to the dryer. (I can't really complain there though. He only does the laundry because I hate doing it so much.) The day can only get better!
AuntTami 04:33 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I completely forgot to set my alarm clock last night, and woke up (swearing) at 5:50. The first dcb usually arrives at 5:45. Thank goodness they were late this morning! I may have greeted them with bare feet and frizzy hair, but at least they weren't waiting in my driveway. I am usually such a morning person. Then when I was looking for clean clothes, I realized that dh put everything in the wash machine last night and forgot to switch it to the dryer. (I can't really complain there though. He only does the laundry because I hate doing it so much.) The day can only get better!
At least they weren't waiting! I've woken up to my earliest DCM knocking on my bedroom door saying "taaammmiiii wake up" lol. My stupid dog barks when someone walks by the house but she got in the house, through the house to my bedroom door and started knocking on the door before he started barking! Lol.

The morning has started rough for you, it's gotta get better from here!!
VTMom 04:48 AM 03-18-2015
I hate those mornings! It seems once a year I forget to set my alarm clock and wake to the sounds of someone pulling into the driveway (my bedroom is right next to the driveway). I've had enough time to frantically put on some clothes and run to the door before they tried the knob! Quite the adrenaline rush!

I hope your day smooths out!
cara041083 06:06 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
At least they weren't waiting! I've woken up to my earliest DCM knocking on my bedroom door saying "taaammmiiii wake up" lol. My stupid dog barks when someone walks by the house but she got in the house, through the house to my bedroom door and started knocking on the door before he started barking! Lol.

The morning has started rough for you, it's gotta get better from here!!
I have woke up to a DCM standin at the foot of my bed before I actually had to ask her to go wait in the living room so I could get up and dressed lol. Some parents have no sense at all.
Rockgirl 06:21 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by cara041083:
I have woke up to a DCM standin at the foot of my bed before I actually had to ask her to go wait in the living room so I could get up and dressed lol. Some parents have no sense at all.
Oh, man--I would die! I'm slightly OCD about my alarm...I have to check it a couple of times before bed to make SURE it is really set. My backup alarm is my dog. He knows when it is time to eat, so no sleeping in for me.
laundrymom 06:49 AM 03-18-2015
How do they "get in"? If you aren't up?
jenboo 06:59 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
That's what I'm wondering!!
Baby Beluga 06:59 AM 03-18-2015
I was wondering the same thing!

I too am quite OCD about my alarm. One of my biggest fears is it not going off.
cara041083 07:30 AM 03-18-2015
[quote=laundrymom;528670]How do they "get in"? If you aren't up?[/QUOTE

My husband leaves for work at the same time I get up. On a normal day, I get up and start getting my kids up while parents arrive and my kids watch for the bus. At the time, he usually just leaves and doesn't always make sure the door is locked behind him since I am usually up. Now he makes sure I am up lol
AuntTami 07:31 AM 03-18-2015
My front door wasn't locked. We always mean to lock it but it gets forgotten sometimes, especially when it gets locked before bed but then the dogs decide they need to go out one last time, or when they wake us up at 3am to go out. We live in a safe neighborhood, and hubby has his CCP so i have a false sense of security here. It's something we're working diligently to remember to do it after the morning DCM was knocking on my bedroom door!
Baby Beluga 07:46 AM 03-18-2015
You ladies must have some ballsy parents

There is no way I would enter into a providers house - even if the door was unlocked.
laundrymom 07:54 AM 03-18-2015
My front door wasn't locked. We always mean to lock it but it gets forgotten sometimes, especially when it gets locked before bed but then the dogs decide they need to go out one last time, or when they wake us up at 3am to go out. We live in a safe neighborhood, and hubby has his CCP so i have a false sense of security here. It's something we're working diligently to remember to do it after the morning DCM was knocking on my bedroom door!
Ok. I understand now. Im super OCD about locking doors (stems from ex husband gaining access after my divorce and appearing at various times, to "check on how I was caring for his children". That stopped when I met him as he was coming in the bathroom window with a browning in my hands.)
But I'm still crazy about locking doors.
Rockgirl 07:55 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
You ladies must have some ballsy parents

There is no way I would enter into a providers house - even if the door was unlocked.
No kidding!!
AuntTami 08:42 AM 03-18-2015
Ok. I understand now. Im super OCD about locking doors (stems from ex husband gaining access after my divorce and appearing at various times, to "check on how I was caring for his children". That stopped when I met him as he was coming in the bathroom window with a browning in my hands.)
But I'm still crazy about locking doors.
Hubby's glock would stop them in their tracks too!

None of my parents knock, they've all been told to just enter. We're All situated right in front of the door at drop off and pick up times since the door leads directly to the living room. I have two huge dogs that go NUTS when someone knocks so my parents don't knock, they just come on in. Usually the stop right by the door though, but I imagine since all the lights were off, she assumed I was asleep. My bedroom door is right off of our living room lol
laundrymom 09:37 AM 03-18-2015
Hubby's glock would stop them in their tracks too!

None of my parents knock, they've all been told to just enter. We're All situated right in front of the door at drop off and pick up times since the door leads directly to the living room. I have two huge dogs that go NUTS when someone knocks so my parents don't knock, they just come on in. Usually the stop right by the door though, but I imagine since all the lights were off, she assumed I was asleep. My bedroom door is right off of our living room lol
This was before I remarried. Ex Would
Come in and move things, put bleach in my washer, use the toilet and not flush, really random things. It took a while to figure it out but he had learned how to jimmy the bathroom window and the basement window. A couple of screws fixed that but it took weeks to find all his entrances.
Now it would be a mistake for him to enter not only my home but my property. I'm no longer the victim I once was.
Gemma 09:40 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
It happens! Thankfully there was no harm done!
AuntTami 10:22 AM 03-18-2015
This was before I remarried. Ex Would
Come in and move things, put bleach in my washer, use the toilet and not flush, really random things. It took a while to figure it out but he had learned how to jimmy the bathroom window and the basement window. A couple of screws fixed that but it took weeks to find all his entrances.
Now it would be a mistake for him to enter not only my home but my property. I'm no longer the victim I once was.
GOOD FOR YOU!!!! How creepy that he would do that! I assume he just wanted to get a rile out of you? How immature! I'm so glad you've decided to protect yourself against his and anyone else's shenanigans!
Reply Up