1. Only drivers licensed for the
type of vehicle operated shall be permitted to transport children.
2. Drivers should be 18 years of
age and possess a valid driver's license.
3. The driver shall wear a seat
4. Sharp, heavy or potentially
dangerous objects shall be securely restrained when transporting children.
5. A vehicle used to transport
children shall have an operable heater capable of maintaining a temperature
of 50 degrees F. in the vehicle.
6. A first aid kit and emergency
numbers for the children will be available in any vehicle.
7. A Center shall not transport
children in the open back of a truck.
8. The manufacturer's rated seating
capacity of the vehicles shall not be exceeded.
9. Motor vehicles used to transport
children shall be maintained in a safe operating condition and have a current
10. All vehicle occupants shall
be secured in an apporpriate restraint system according to their age and weight.
11. Children shall not be left
in parked vehicles.
12. The provider must obtain written
consent from the parent of the child for any mechanical transportation provided
by or arranged for by the provider to children in care at the day care center.
13. Each child must board or leave
a vehicle from the curb side of the street.
14. All doors of the vehicle are
securelty closed and, if the doors are manufactured with locks, locked.
15. Weapons shall not be transorted
in any vehicle in which children are riding, unless the weapons are made inoperable
and inaccessible. For further detailed and specific information, please see
your state's safety regulations for transportation under Licensing Standards.